Whaaaaat… is that wrong? Thinking about beer for the most romantic day of the year?? Absolutely! Don’t feel guilty – it’s perfectly natural. And much more so than the unconscious desire to buy roses & overpriced chocolate-covered strawberries, and then hanging out in the Hallmark store for far too long searching for a card that doesn’t ooze cheese.
So if you want to impress your luva this V-Day, pick up a nicely decorated bucket, and stuff it with some of the following delicious craft beers – toss in some baby’s breath, and you may have a better aphrodisiac than a plate of oysters.
Top Valentine’s Day Beers:
- Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence Stout – leads you on with the name, and then teases you with just a touch of cocoa, along with dark fruity Belgian yeast qualities. A temptress, no doubt. 7% ABV.
- Kasteel Rouge – Not for everyone, but if your partner loves sweet cherries, do NOT miss this one. 8% ABV.
- Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout – A classic… rich, dark chocolate up front, with a vinous/ red wine like finish – does it get more V-Day than that? 10% ABV.
- Voodoo Love Child – a Belgian Tripel … in case your partner is into Europen threesomes – at 10.5% ABV, this just might lead to one.
- A Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’ Ale – as if the NAME doesn’t say it all, it’s one of the best (and highest ABV) “American Hefeweizens” … otherwise known in beer geek circles as an American Pale Wheat Ale. 7.5% ABV
- Bell’s Two Hearted Ale – Ok, so there’s a fish on the label… But if your significant other digs amazingly delicious IPAs (and/or fly fishing), they’re gonna love you for it. 7% ABV.
If this sampling has started to light your fire, feel free to download this lovingly-prepared list of about 50 Valentine’s Beers… Bring along a nice food pairing, and your partner will be all over your junk this year – We promise!!